Members Present: 14
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer. The 12 Traditions. 12 Concepts and Public Relations/Phoneline Purpose were read.
Volunteers Reports: Multiple volunteers reported they spoke with the same woman on several occasions that were currently in treatment in Seminole County, her requests were for things outside of our phone line assistance (halfway houses, counseling, etc.)
Open Floor: Mark briefly discussed an App the SEZF is looking at for Phone line called YAP indicating briefly how it works, has a potential for cost savings versus One box. Liz adds more information can be found from the Regional Web Coordinator’s. Mary Ann discussed her experience calling an area that uses the platform as a pleasant one, and Cindy reminds us that to consider this would need our Webpage Subcommittee involvement as this platform ties into the BMLT; suggest we mention at Area floor.
Coordinator Report: Nov calls (85) = 84 English 1 Spanish; Dec calls (101) = 96 English 5 Spanish, States the volunteer list is looking good right now. Emphasizes the need for the Coordinator 2 position being filled, appreciative of the assistance Greg has been offering. One Box increase of under $7 looks to be administrative fees. Reminds Volunteers that when receiving calls regarding outside referrals that their orientation states they can refer to “211” for assistance in Orange County.
Subcommittee Liaisons Reports:
1) Webpage: reported broken links on site, mainly the Treasure Coast area link directed us to a gambling webpage. Gave a brief synopsis of what the liaison position for webpage entails.
2) Activities: Virtual Area Celebration is Feb. 13, 202, looking for speakers. Liz volunteers to take over the liaison position for activities.
3.) H & I: Matt C. joined us from H & I. Discussion regarding the Subcommittees not being listed on the calendar and the difficulty finding subcommittee meeting information for tonight, he found it under ASC meetings tab. Reported that H & I is now in 5-6 contact facilities, Mary Ann inquired on the contact list of facilities that were waiting for presentations and that this could be an opportunity for H & I. Mark asked for an updated H & I contact list. Jenny is concerned about having too many presentations in one facility and how that may affect the relationship as other facilities open up. Millie attended an H&I event and stated that some facilities in that area were utilizing DVDs. (Thank you for attending)
- Orange County Drug Free Coalition – Mark reports that the “live link” was removed from the previously submitted report, reiterates that the subcommittee has decided not to include live links in our reports to outside organizations.
- Corporate Presentations – Anyone interested in researching NA PR Tools (Areas, Regions and NAWS) and then creating specific Power Point presentations Millie & Mark to pursue this next month.
- No further updates for Community Meetings.
- Virtual Presentations – SEZF PR Task Force Meeting Liaison and find out the resources - Topic: PR Task Force
Time: 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the Third Tuesday
Join Zoom Meeting: Jan 19, 2021; Feb 16, 2021, Mar 16, 2021
- In Person Meeting Update – Kissimmee Connection to resume meeting F2F Jan 7, no update on Google Group as of yet.
- Church and other facility Letters – Gordon not present so no discussion. Mary Ann had a volunteer review and collected suggestions directed to send to Chair & Vice Chair.
Nominations and Elections
- Phone Line Coordinator II – open. Tommi expressed interest in position, Jessica to review the duties, responsibilities and requirements.
New Business –
- Commissioner Meeting has not been scheduled yet. Cindy & Mark to discuss.
OPEN FORUM –
- PR content on webpage – Mark ask all members to continue to peruse for correct information.
- Dennissee inquires from Chair & Vice Chair on the ASC meeting being held in person as they are required positions to attend, and Englewood Community Center has reopened, utilizing temperature checks.
New Project Ideas –
- focus on PTA’s within the schools
- Continued contact with Florida Recovery Schools
Concerns or Needs
In Loving Service,
Mark B and Kate C