Members Present: 23
Location: Redeemer Lutheran Church 3377 Aloma Ave. Winter Park, FL 32729
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer. The 12 Traditions were read.
- July Meeting
- July 20th, 2023, at 7:00 PM
- Orientation held at 6:30 PM with 5 in attendance
- 23 in the attendance total
- 51 meetings total @ 30 Facilities
- 29 Open/Available, 2 closed/unavailable
- 20 commitments in total are filled
- Agenda Items
- The minutes from June were emailed and approved.
- 2 new panel leaders were voted into open commitments
- We discussed the spirit of rotation
- Discussed pen pals for inmates (looking into who organizes this at the regional level)
- Discussed some issues with panel leaders (going into facilities that are not on our approved list, representing H&I)
- Discussed motion to change H&I guidelines to replace language from chair/co-chair to leader/co-leader.
- Discussed motion to change policy (remove written report for panel leaders each month). Voted unanimously. (H&I VIII Section 9 - B2)
- H&I Admin body met on Zoom on Thursday, 08/10/23 to go over what will be discussed at the next meeting.
2 new panel leaders were voted into open commitments
All Admin positions are filled
Concerns or Needs
We need support! Over 20 facilities looking for meetings with no one to bring a meeting in
- Our next meeting will be held on August 17th, 2023.
- We meet at Redeemer Lutheran Church, 3377 Aloma Ave, Winter Park, FL 32729, on the 3rd Thursday of every month.
- Orientation will still start at 6:30 pm, and the meeting will be at 7:00 pm
In Loving Service,