PR/Phoneline Sub committee
Members Present: 16
Location: 150 W. Michigan St. United Against Poverty
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer.
Phone-line Coordinator Report
- Phone-line Coordinator report – 131 total calls from 1/1-1-28; Most calls occurred between 12pm and 1pm
- Monday is the busiest day
- Reviewed and updated Phoneline volunteer contact sheet and the Call Routing Chart with shift commitments
- 12th Step Call Volunteer flyer is printed and ready to be distributed at area
- Continue to announce in Recovery Meetings about the committee and service opportunities
- New Orientations for Phone-line volunteers – Two new Volunteer present for orientation
- Update and review of Community monthly meetings (Past Month)
- Community meetings and events:
- Harbor House (Domestic Violence) event - March 1st, 2 members will attend with information to distribute
- Seminole County Pre-Release Symposium – Second Wednesday of January - 2 members to attend
- OCSO and CO Police contacts – Two members to continue monthly contact
- QR Readers List locations updated
- Orange County Coalition for Drug Free Community Treatment Provider meeting - 2 members to attend - They have new task force (Orange County Sheriff) teams that go into poor communities with recent overdoses and homicides - they place a bag filled with resources on the door knobs - they are requesting some information about NA to go into the bags. The committee agreed to start out giving them meeting lists and Spanish phoneline cards - They also have another project the "leave behind project" - first responder/hospitals give people that have overdosed a packet with resources and we are going to ask for the NA Phoneline be listed on the brochures. They also have a conference coming up in June and we will follow up to attend -we attended this conference last year as well.
- We are continuing to reach out to the Central Florida Area - in working in cooperation with their Public Relations committee in order to avoid duplicating services in our community
- La Amistad was contacted about us providing a presentation about NA and the possibility of having an NA meeting at their facility - At this time the response was they have a low census and they could be interested at a later date. We will follow up with them next month.
- Committee is awaiting for the editing of the PSA to be completed
- Committee is currently speaking with Clear Channel about billboards and their Ability to work with a very low budget - they are exploring options for us and they have requested a presentation to the management team
- Meeting with Orange County Commissioner is set up for March 25, 2020 - we will do a presentation and discuss how the commissioner can assist NA with getting our message out in the community -
Committee reviewed and discussed the proposed budget for 2020-2021 and gave input - We have increased our community events, community meetings and our involvement with our community - we have added and increase some of our line items for the upcoming budget based on this past year.
- Rent - $30.00
- One Box Routing monthly payment - $53.77
- Copies of flyers - $38.52
- Total monthly expenses - 122.29
- Remaining budget balance: $297.71
Concerns or Needs - Phoneline volunteers
Upcoming Events: Next subcommittee meets January 31, 2020 @ 6:30pm
In Loving Service,
Mark B. Vice Chair