Opening Prayer/12 Traditions/12 Concepts
Attendance: Cindy C., Liz B., Mary Ann C., Mark B., Greg, Justin P., Debbie L., Nichols W.
8 members in attendance
meeting was held at Untied Against Proverty 150 E Michigan St Orlando
Public Relations Subcommittee meeting 9/28/2018 minutes
Ongoing Projects and Contacts:
- Sherriff’s Department follow-up is bi-monthly via email by Mark B to make sure there is a good supply of our cards in police patrol cars
- QR Code Readers in multiple locations – Contact information for each facility is recorded for continued contact to maintain relationships
- Presentation forthcoming with UCF Campus Police Department, because of appointment of new Chief of Police after finding a satisfactory schedule that works for both
- Relationship with Director of Orange County Drug Free Coalition (Carol Burkett) ongoing. Will try and attend monthly meetings of the OCDFC.
- Informational Pamphlet outline for Director of OC Drug Free Coalition under revision prior to completion
- Seminole County Re-entry Program continues to be attended monthly (First Wednesday of the Month)
- Full Sail relationship continues to be pursued for work on PSA’s – Terri S will give Mark B the phone number of Susan Kelleher to see if she can help with this project
- Orange County Sheriff may offer assistance in creating PSA’s
- Ad hoc for Helpline is completed. A report will be presented at Area this month. Greg will follow up with the Ad hoc chair for information on the recommendation. The PR committee is open to the possibility of Public Relations and Helpline to merge.
- Recovery Walk will take place at Lake Eola on September 29th from 7:30 to 11:00 am. Members of the PR committee will man the booth as well as possibly participate in the Recovery Walk.
- PR chair and Vice chair met with Becky from Advanced Recovery Systems – gave her resources and information about the services NA provides in the community.
- PR chair and H&I chair met with The Bridges of America to discuss future NA presence
- A meeting will be set up for PR to meet with Captain Arthur Eld, Drug Enforcement Division for the City of Orlando Police Department
- PR will attend a community led Health & Wellness initiative formed by partnerships to include the Department of Health, Evans High Community School, Orange Blossom Family Health, P.O.W.E.R. Movement, faith-based organizations, governmental and non-governmental entities and public safety stakeholders – October 13, 2018 @ Evans High School – 10am – to 2pm
- Mary Ann will reach out to the libraries in Seminole, Orange and Osceola Counties -ask about current NA books they have and inquire about providing updated and additional books, i.e. 6th addition Basic Text, Living Clean and Guiding Principles
- Members of the PR committee to look at existing PSA’s – (on na.org – search PSA) to observe and explore ideas for upcoming project to make our own PSA
Our next meeting is scheduled for November 29, 2018 @ 7pm at 150 E. Michigan St. Orlando, FL