Members Present: 12 member Areas out of 20 total Areas were present.
Location: Rosen Centre, International Drive, Orlando
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer. The 12 Traditions were read. The 12 Concepts were read. Purpose of the FRSC was read.
Our last RSC Weekend was: May 19-21, 2017
Rosen Centre, 9840 International Drive, Orlando, FL 407-996-9840
Next Regional Service Committee Weekend is July 14-16, 2017
Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel 9939 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819 – 866.996.9939
►Self-Parking at the Rosen Shingle Creek is $5 (tell them you are there for NA Florida Region Meeting)
I would like to thank our RCM 1 for her service! Anne H. gave the Greater Orlando report at the last RSC and thanked everyone and expressed her gratitude in serving our Area at Region. Unfortunately, due to a family situation she is unable to attend today’s Area meeting and has asked that I prepare and give today’s report. She plans on being here next month for our Area’s July meeting.
You can find the RSC minutes at the following link: http://naflorida.org/groups/rsc-minutes/
Friday – 10:00pm - 11:00pm Welcome - Recovery Meeting
Saturday – 7:00am – 8:00am Recovery Meeting - Just For Today
9:00am – 12:30pm Orientation
10:00am – 2:00pm FRC Board and HRP meetings
12:30pm – 2:00pm Lunch on your own
12:30pm – 2:00pm RSC Administrative Meeting (as necessary)
4:00pm – 5:00pm Guide to Florida Regional Service Group Meeting
5:00pm – 6:00pm Project Planning Meeting - Fellowship Development/HRP
6:00pm – 7:30pm Dinner on your own
7:30pm – (?) Speaker or a suggested outside meeting (More will be revealed…)
Sunday – 7:00am – 8:00am Recovery Meeting - Just For Today
9:00am – 3:00pm Florida Regional Service Conference
*This schedule occurs in January, May, July, September and November. March, in odd years is reserved for the Florida Service Symposium (Thursday, Friday & Saturday). March, in even years is reserved for the GSR Assembly (Friday & Saturday).
• (From the Regional IT Coordinator) “the topic brought up by Kris W., the Corrections Resource Coordinator, has caused me a number of concerns. The person he mentioned printing literature is my great grand-sponsor. I would like to bring up the following topic to the RCM’s for discussion with their areas.”
• The FRCNA Registration Drive event during the May RSC at the Rosen Centre on Saturday, May 20th was a huge success! I was informed by our RCM 1 the food was delicious, the Speaker was awesome and the Comedian was hilarious.
• FRCNA 36 Volunteering Opportunities! There are many ways to do some simple service during your attendance at this convention; Merchandise room for the RSO or for Merchandise Subcommittee, Marathon, and Hospitality. You can register to volunteer online at https://www.frcna.com/volunteer or you can email your name and telephone number to email@example.com.
• Originally FRCNA was contracted for 906 rooms and they later increased it to 975 room nights. They now have over 1,000 room nights reserved! Also, really great news regarding the parking; the entire weekend will be covered with a one-time $5.00 fee along with a FRCNA registration badge and voucher!
• If you don’t have enough time to go to many subcommittee meetings but you have a desire to learn more about our fellowship and the different resources you can visit the following link and attend NAWS WEB MEETINGS: www.na.org/webinar
Web Meetings Available: Public Relations, Inmate Step Writing, H&I, Conventions and Events, Local Service and Rural Service.
• The topic of the ‘Anonymi Foundation’ was brought up and discussed during Area Support. Not many in the room were aware of this foundation; the only members who knew anything about them were those who are in Areas that have groups that violate the FIPT and copy/distribute illicit literature. Also, it is important to note that there were quite a few Areas absent at this RSC; 12 present out of 20 total Areas.
PROPOSALS: Tabled to next RSC
FRC to schedule hotel for RSC (03-05-17 Modified Proposal 5/21/17)
Proposal: To have the administrative workgroup schedule and coordinate the selection of a hotel for Florida
Regional Service Committee (FRSC) Weekends with the Florida regional convention of NA.
Intent: Turn over the responsibility of selecting and reserving the hotel(s) and meeting space to the administrative workgroup who will coordinate with the FRCNA BOD. FRCNA BOD has more experience and leverage in negotiating reasonable rates for rooms, meeting space and other amenities such as lower discounted parking & meals while at the selected hotel.
Spiritual Impact: The original decision to rotate RSC weekends to member areas was to promote unity (Tradition 1) With ever rising costs, this proposal’s intent is to promote fiscal responsibility (Concept 11, transparency and inclusivity in the decision-making process (Concepts 2 & 6), communications (Concept 8), and adhering to the Florida Region’s Purpose and Vision statements.
Financial Impact: No Projected increase to current Budget
Guide to Regional Services Changes: Page 15 Administration Workgroup: remove 2nd bullet point “coordinates the RSC Weekend with rotation to all member areas. Page 18 Alternative Delegate 6th bullet point: Coordinate the site selection for RSC weekends. l FRC will review the contract l RSO president will sign the contract Add Page 15 Administrative work group l Coordinates With FRCNA BOD the site selection for RSC weekend l FRC will review the contract l RSO pres. will sign the contract.
Proposal: Reimburse the Uncoast area for additional Room Nights at the Florida Service Symposium Amount $420.00
Rationale: Through misunderstanding and miscommunication The Uncoast separately reserved three additional nights at the FSS, believing that there were filling empty rooms . In the past years the RSC has has to pay for empty rooms, and it has never been a problem getting additional bed space for extra people. There were at least three regular members in that room each night. evidently, their names were not given to the Secretary Team, an oversight, as they were on the RCM's list of rooms assignments. The Uncoast had additional rooms reserved for their RCM and the three RSC trusted servants from the Uncoast Area, so those room nights were paid for by the individuals involved. were charged back $420.00 for the extra room nights . We believed that the RSC paid fro those room night as part of the room block, so we are asking for our $420 Back. The Uncoast ASC is currently over committees by almost $500 more than the Prudent Reserve. Should we not be reimbursed, we will be unable to send representatives for two and possibly Three RSC, and we presently have a policy -mandate freeze on literature purchases for H&I and PR community Literature Display programs Until prudent reserve is restored
Outcome: Not to be voted on until next RSC
FRCNA 36, July 6-9, 2017 THE PROMISE IS FREEDOM
Registration is currently $45. You can register by mailing the form or online at: http://frc-na.org/shop/
Rosen Centre hotel reservations can be made by calling: 800.204.7234
There is a lot going on in the Florida Region! Bowling, fishing, game night, retreats in springs and conventions. Please visit NAFlorida.org to see the many different events going on throughout our region.
Thanks for letting us serve!
Concerns or Needs
In Loving Service, Anne H. RCM 1 and Dennisse R. RCM 2
Your RCM Team, Anne H. (RCM1) & Dennisse R. (RCM 2)