Members Present: 17 members + 8 new members (3 new members attended orientation)
Location: First Christian Church, 2565 E Kaley Ave Orlando, FL 32806
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer. The 12 Traditions, H&I Purpose and Clarity Statement were read.
Currently there are 21 faciities on the contact list. 23 presentations are being brought into these facilities and there are 12 openings. The literature order was $298.
There were no cancellations last month. Way to Go H&I!!
Members were reminded to always wear proper attire when attending H&I presentations. If there are any questions about what is proper attire, please contact the chair, vice-chair, or panel coordinator before attending the presentation.
The adhoc committee proposed the following two policy changes to be presented at Area:
- To change GOASCNA Guidelines “B. General Elections 1. Nominations for Area positions are solicited in June. Nominations are to be closed at the July ASC and elections will be held. ASC elections are to remain in conjunction with RSC elections.” To read: B. General Elections 1. Nominations for Area positions are solicited in June. Nominations are to be closed at the July ASC and elections will be held. ASC elections are to remain in conjunction with RSC elections. In the event of an unexpected vacancy or new Area elected position opening up, the position will remain open for at least one month following announcement. This will give all Area members an opportunity to be informed of the vacancy, prior to a qualified member being nominated/elected.
- Remove Line n) from the Panel Leader requirements, and change GOASCNA Guidelines “IV Hospitals and Institutions Panel Leader requirements M. 1. d) Two months of activity in H&I work, consisting of at least two consecutive H&I Subcommittee meetings and observe at least four meeting/presentations.” To read: Two months of activity in H&I work, consisting of at least two consecutive H&I Subcommittee meetings within the last two years, and observe at least four meeting/presentations.
Concerns or Needs: To be addressed at the next adhoc committee meeting.
GOASCNA Learning Day on May 11, 2013 from 12-4pm at St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, 5873 Dean Road, Orlando.
The next adhoc meeting is scheduled on Sunday, 5/5/2013 at the "Italian House Restaurant" immediately following Area. The following areas will be discussed:
1. Does a policy need to be created concerning the amount of literature that Panel Leaders take into H&I presentations (including meeting lists)? Questions regarding basic texts being supplied to facilities.
2. Roll call for panel leaders and members
3. Defining the roles of panel coordinators.
4. What is the minimum clean time to be a panel member, 90 days or 6 months?
5. To change GOASCNA H&I Guidelines K 1.) Appointed positions to read "No single individual can hold more than one administrative position at one time. As necessary, individuals may be appointed, by the Chairperson in agreement with the Vice Chairperson to elected administrative positions, other than the Chair or Vice Chair positions, if an unexpected vacancy occurs. Persons occupying these appointed positions will only do so until the next H&I Subcommittee meeting; at which time they (or another qualified member) can be elected to the position by the subcommittee. Non-elected positions (such as Adhoc Chairpersons, learning day participants, and book drive volunteers) may be appointed to fulfill a particular need.”
6. Attendance at Regionals.
The next H&I subcommittee meeting is Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 7pm. Orientation begins at 6:30 pm.
In Loving Service,
Richard A., Chair
Lisa R., vice-chair