May 2019 Public Relations/Helpline Subcommittee meeting – Minutes
- Opening prayer
- Purpose of Helpline
- 12 Traditions
- 12 Concepts
Helpline Coordinator 1 and 2 Report:
- Current roster was handed out, (see attached). Highlighted are shifts that need more volunteers.
- A large chart of the frequency of phone calls per day will be displayed at the Service Awareness Day in hopes that members will sign up. (see attached)
- 12-Step men/women contact list was given to Terri and Eric. Unfortunately, a lot of people on the lists no longer wanted to be on it. We need to recruit people to be 12 Step contacts
- Cindy showed the display board with various literature IP’s that will be on display for an event at the Adventist Community Center for homeless people. Cindy and Gordon will be attending.
- Orange County Library has 22 English Basic Texts and 6 Spanish. They also have 2 QR readers.
- Terri has received and will deliver the Basic Texts (10 English/2 Spanish) to theSeminole County Library in Casselberry.
- Greg explained that there are 6 private libraries in Osceola county (there are no public libraries) and they would like 2 English and 2 Spanish Basic Texts. They will be on a rotating system with the 6 libraries.
Re-Entry Symposium at Seminole County Jail is on June 5th. Cindy and Fran to attend.
Pete and another member will attend the Drug Free Coalition meeting.
Review and Discuss:
- Deadline for combining PR and Helpline guidelines is still on-going for input from PR/Helpline members.
- Dennisse contacted Emily Williams at the Adventist Community Center. There will be a Spanish speaking meeting there.
- Cindy spoke with Kyle Pritchard who is the ACTT Program Coordinator at the Seminole County Jail’s new recovery pod, and they would like to have an inmate-run NA meeting. Cindy gave him a few Basic Texts as well as an ordering form if they wish to have other NA literature.
- The Drug-Free Coalition will be attended this month. (It was not attended last month)
- A member brought forth a concern about a speaker at SWOI’s Learning Day. The speaker did not give a clear NA message. This will be brought up on the Area floor in June. A solution is to remind the speakers that they are to give a clear NA message and, if needed, PR can go to the group and see if they can help.
Service Awareness Day:
- In addition to a PR/Helpline tables, the Helpline Monthly Call totals will be displayed for other members of the Area to perhaps volunteer. Also, a 12-Step Call List will be on the Helpline table to sign up. We will perhaps play the PRINGO game as well as a skit from Helpline.
Respectfully submitted and ILS,
Terri S - Secretary