Public Relations Subcommittee
GOASCNA Subcommittee Minutes
(Date) June 22 2018
Meeting: June 22 2018 7PM (Date & Time) Location: 150 E. Michigan Street
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer. The 12 Traditions were read.
NA Members Present: 10 (Number of members present)
Ongoing Projects and Contacts:
- Sherriff’s Department follow-up is bi-monthly-
- QR Code Readers in multiple locations – Contact information for each facility is recorded for continued contact to maintain relationships
- Presentation forthcoming with UCF Campus Police Department
- Relationship with Director of Orange County Drug free Coalition ongoing
- Pamphlet outline for Director of OC Drug Free Coalition under revision prior to completion
- Seminole County Re-entry Program continues to be attended monthly
- Full Sail relationship continues to be pursued for work on PSA’s
- Orange County Sheriff may offer assistance in creating PSA’s
- City of Orlando Police Chief John Mina contacted for presentation date – TBD
- Display Booth to be purchased selected - Proposal for requisition submitted and approved at Greater Orlando ASC
- NA Recovery Meeting started at Orlando Methadone Treatment Center Wednesday evenings at 6PM – Well attended
- Finalized presentation and practiced PRINGO game for Greater Orlando Learning Day on June 24th
- Discussed NAWS requests for contact information for WSC 37 press Releases. Some contacts for News Media provided. Additional contact will be provided and continued assistance to PR Manager at NAWS will continue to be provided right up until the time of the World Convention.
- Discussion concerning holding subcommittee meeting in Osceola County: reached out to a Home Group in Osceola County however there was no response
- Discussed briefly the future of the Greater Orlando Area Helpline and what PR subcommittee’s role might be if a Chair or VC are not in place. No action taken at this time.
- WCNA work group reached out seeking a local NA meeting that might be able to accommodate up to 200 people. Believing in Miracles location was offered because it can hold that many people.
Next subcommittee meeting to be held in the same location on July 27, 2018
A great big thank you to Pete C. for his service as PR Chair and being instrumental in getting the PR subcommittee of the Greater Orlando Area active again.