Members Present: 4
Location: United Aginist Proverty 150 W. Michigan Ave Orlando
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer and The 12 Traditions were read.
Attendance: Liz B. Cindy C., Pete C., Jeff M.
Old Business –
- QR Reader code posters have been printed and received and are ready to be distributed. As the PR committee members distribute the QR code posters, they will email the secretary of PR with the name of the place, the address, phone number and contact person to be added to a spreadsheet. Two way tape and frames will be purchased by the committee for the QR code posters
- Two members of the committee attended the attended the monthly reentry seminar for inmates in April and will continue attending. We will bring the QR code posters to the next monthly meeting and provide a list of the providers we distributed them to with their contact information
- We are working on finalizing the text for the brochures we are giving to Carol Burkett to be added to the resource packets which are handed out at the Coalition for a Drug Free Community meetings which are held monthly
- PR committee members attended “Celebration Knights” at UCF – Featuring Orange County Mayor, Teresa Jacobs, creator of the Heroine Task Force in Orange County. Celebration Knights is an open community meeting that celebrates milestones of recovery to the students of UCF who are in recovery and part of building a recovery community on the college campus. This was an opportunity for anyone to share their journeys, celebrate anniversaries and join together with community leaders to celebrate all thins recovery. The PR committee members were honored to participate in this community celebration and made new contacts with community leaders for future PR efforts
- No Update on the status of contacts made with Full Sail University to discuss PR Videos for Treatment Centers and other professional entities such as Doctor’s Offices, Health Centers and public buildings
Elections – We discussed nominations for upcoming Vice – Chair position
- New contact information was shared by Pete C. for an additional resource for PSA’s from the Orange County Sherriff’s office
- Contact was made with the UCF Campus Police and we will be setting up a presentation for them. Mark will follow up with information about the available dates
- Advanced Recovery Systems, Allison Walsh, Vice President of Business Development and Branding requested some of the QR code posters for their treatment facilities (while we were at UCF attending the Celebration Knights event) Liz will contact her and get the QR codes to them
- PR to contact Chief John Mina for OPD a presentation
Committee will make a decision on which PR display to be purchased by the committee for future community events.
Our next meeting is scheduled for May 25, 2018 @ 7pm at 150 E. Michigan St. Orlando, FL
Meeting closed 8:00 closed with the serenity prayer
in loving service