2/23/18 Public Relations Sub-committee Meeting
Members Present: 5 (Pete, Cindy, Maryann, Greg & Belinda)
Location: United Against Poverty
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer. The 12 Traditions & Concepts were read.
- Old Business was read and accepted
- Full Sail University: To-date they have not been followed-up on.
- Monthly Inmate Re-entry Seminar: This is a joint effort between PR and H&I that assist inmates prepare for release from Seminole County Jail. Cindy attended and provided IP’s. She would like to take in business cards and will work on doing so. Other resources provided during the seminar were represented by Aspire, Faith-based Recovery and Career Source. The greatest inmate request is for more job resources. This meeting takes place on the 1st Wednesday of the month. Next meeting is 3/7/18. Cindy suggested the same seminar be presented to Orange County jail authorities.
- PSA (Public Service Announcement): Pete spoke with Orange County’s PR representative and he was receptive. Pete will set up a meeting.
- QR Poster: The design is still in progress. The Help Line phone numbers in English & Spanish are being added.
- Pull Tabs: Belinda installed pull tabs at three locations (Florida Hospital Free Clinic and Bald Head’s two locations on Rio Grande. Cindy will take pull tabs to a business meeting in St. Cloud.
- 211: 211 has offered to include NA as a referral to the public. Cindy will follow up.
- Belinda will create and text task list to PR sub-committee members. Maryanne suggested presenting our task to Area so GSRs can take them back to their Home Group.
- We agreed we would like to have a presence at local events. Pete will submit a proposal for the purchase of a booth.
There was no willingness
Concerns or Needs
Stimulating the Greater Orlando Area’s participation in the PR Subcommittee
In Loving Service,
Pete C., Chair