2/22/18 Activities Sub-committee Meeting
Members Present: 5 (Anthony, Belinda, Ahmed, Demetrius & Wanda)
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer. The 12 Traditions & Concepts were read.
- Old Business was read and accepted
- The Facility: The walk thru has not been scheduled by Anthony.
- Tickets: $274 has been generated. Demetrius offered to sell tickets. His block was not determined or given to him. Ahmed will track ticket sales.
- Tee Shirts: Task was accepted by Belinda. Anthony’s maximum budget is $175 for 75 t-shirts. My research revealed the only way to meet budget is to purchase white t-shirts wholesale and have Joe (Man 2 Man) create the screen print. Joe is a graphic artist by profession. He is obtaining printers to get quotes from that will keep us within budget.
- Event Volunteers: Ahmed has secured five people. They will need gloves and aprons.
- Food: Mike will cater.
- Speakers: Petronell and Mike are confirmed. A Spanish speaker is still being sought. There is some confusion about Alma being promised this opportunity although the subcommittee had not agreed upon her. A release needs to be created for the speakers to sign because their message will be recorded. Belinda will research.
- The “MC”: Biff was asked and will confirm with Ahmed. Dennis and Carol are also being considered. They may tag-team.
- The DJ: Anthony secured a convention contract draft from Steve. I marked it up to pertain to our event. The sub-committee approved the mark-up. Anthony will review it with Steve who has the technology to DJ and make CD’s.
There was no willingness for the vacancy of Co-Chair
Concerns or Needs
The Activities Committee agreed to meet every 2 weeks up till the "Anniversary" instead of once a month. The next meeting will be on March 8, 2018 @ 6:30 p.m.
In Loving Service,