Public Relations Subcommittee meeting 01/26/2018 minutes
Old Business –
· Two menbers met with Dr. Ralls, Director of Public Health and Safety and Ms. Carol Burkett Director Orange County Drug Free Office of Health Services at Orange County Administration Building. Discussed QR Reader, Adding Spanish language and Helpline Phone number to QR reader poster, Helpline Cards and Integrated Information Pamphlet Meeting List which PR subcommittee will create. These items will be distributed and posted in all Orange County Administrative and Public Offices.
· UCF Recovery Center requested and received the QR Reader template and will be placing on the campus in various buildings
· Provided information for 211 registration by Dr. Ralls and Carol Burkett
· Willing to share space at Public events with Narcotics Anonymous Public Relations. Mark will request schedule of events from Dr. Ralls and Carol Burkett.
· Coalition for a Drug Free Community meets monthly and share information. We can provide NA information for this monthly meeting
· Full Sail University to be contacted to discuss PR Videos for Treatment Centers and other professional entities such as Doctor’s Offices, Health Centers and public buildings
· Monthly reentry seminar for inmates about to be released will be attended by Cindy and at least one other member alongside H&I subcommittee representative. This is an opportunity to reach some of the other providers when they are all in one location. PR would also attend in support of H&I to provide introductory information about NA.
· Further discussed adding funding for a new PR display to be purchased to be used at public events. Instead of borrowing the regional PR booth which is time consuming to retrieve and return after each event purchase of our own Display would allow more opportunity to attend more events and provide a professional consistent representation of Narcotics Anonymous
Our next meeting is scheduled for February 23, 2018 @ 7pm at 150 E. Michigan St. Orlando, FL
in loving service