GOASCNA Chair Report

ASC Date: 11/14/2010
Meeting Date: 11/13/2010 10:32 AM

ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE
Chairperson: Steve C.
Vice-Chairperson: Richard A.
Secretary: Jeni H.T.
Alt Secretary: OPEN
Treasurer: Nikki R.
Alt Treasurer: Denissee R.
RCM Primary: Frank N.
RCM Secondary: Freddy A.
Lit Distributor: Rosemary V.
Alt Lit Distributor: Nicole C.

GOASCNA:

The first topic of discussion is the Area's finances. As you all know from the last Treasurer's Report, the Area is operating well below prudent reserve. We will need to refer to our Policy and the Priority List for ASC expenditures. Until our funds return to a level near prudent reserve, we may need to suspend reimbursements for FRCNA support committee members and RSC room reimbursements. We will also ask all Subcommittees to consult with the Administration Committee prior to any expenditure other than meeting space and reoccurring monthly expenses. We as trusted servants need to make sure our groups know of the Area's financial status and the need for their support.

As a measure to be prudent with our funds, we have decided to renew our ASC meeting space contract for 3 months in lieu of 6 months and with a time frame of 1:00 to 4:00 pm. This will reduce our meeting time to 3 hours. We will need to be very conscious with our use of time but we feel that this is achievable without reducing the quality of our service meeting.

I would like to take this opportunity to review a ruling from the October ASC. A motion came to the floor for a meeting starter kit. I ruled the motion out of order due to the name of the meeting and potential conflict with Tradition 4. After further consideration and discussion with other members, I feel that I should have laid the motion on the table and asked the maker to reconsider the meeting name rather than ruling it out of order. I will try to be more mindful of this type of situation in the future.

Another situation was pointed out to me as well concerning motions. If the ASC will allow, I would like to change the order of motion 1010006P and 1010007P. This will put the motions in order of precedence. We should have a Policy Subcommittee policy in place before moving other policy responsibilities the to the Policy Subcommittee.

Thank you for allowing me to learn and grow with encouragement and support.

In loving service,
Steve C., GOASCNA Chair
Richard A., GOASCNA Vice-Chair