Greetings Greater Orlando! RSC Weekend in Tampa was spectacular. Thanks for allowing me to serve and be a part of our wonderful Florida Regional weekend. Thank you!
Our Next Regional Service Conference Weekend will be July 13-15th, 2018 at the Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Drive, Orlando 32819. Phone # 407.996.6338, 866.996.6338. Self-parking fee is $7.
The Florida Regional minutes are online at www.naflorida.org – please let me know if you need assistance with accessing them.
AREA SUPPORT TOPICS
~ I brought up the question a GSR asked me to ask regarding whether a 501C3 (GOASCNA) can write a check to a group. Discussion occurred (refer to the minutes). The answer is yes, legally they can.
~ Members absconding with money
~ Areas providing rooms for RSC weekend
~ Liability insurance for events
~ Should an Area be listed in a local directory of services or is that affiliation?
~ Greater Orlando’s PR subcommittee members presented our QR Code posters
FD Bermuda Travel Report
- FD Co-Leader and IT Coordinator were the Regional Servants that traveled & did presentations
- Please see Regional minutes for entire report as well as view the PowerPoint presentation with pics, etc.
- They created Mock Home Groups, a lot of Q&A’s, they created formats, discussed importance of autonomy, NA Traditions, etc.
- Great discussion about Sponsorship
- Subcommittees Presentations: PR, H&I, Web, Policy
- Heart felt need to ensure this Member Area is included and has more access, more connection to the Region!
INFO RE: World Service Conference 2018
•Of 118 seated regions, there were 114 RDs participating. •One of the 118 delegates, Iran, joined the Conference through an internet connection because he was unable to obtain a visa •Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, and France were not in attendance. •Of the 114 regional delegates from seated regions participating, 65 were from the US, 5 from Canada, and 44 from outside the US and Canada •We had 89 alternate delegates from seated regions participating, 63 from the US, 4 from Canada, and 22 from outside of the US or Canada. •Two of the 89 alternate delegates, Iran and Australia, joined the Conference through an internet connection because they were unable to obtain visas •There were 154 men and 67 women among the Conference participants—delegates, alternates, World Board members, and zonal delegates (who were non-voting participants for WSC 2018). •This year’s Conference participants were from 39 countries and we spoke 25 languages (based on Serenity Prayer languages at the close of the First Things First session). •There were 127 voting members participating at this WSC—114 delegates and 13 World Board members. •In addition, there were 89 alternate delegates, 5 zonal delegates, plus 4 HRP members, 2 cofacilitators, 3 translators, and 1 parliamentarian. •This was the first WSC that Grande São Paulo Region, HOW Region, and Rio de Janeiro Region participated as seated members. ¨This Conference made the decision to seat 3 regions: Netherlands, Mexico/Occidente, and Ukraine.
WSC MOTIONS: ADOPTED→ 1, 5, 9, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
For additional info go to: https://www.na.org/admin/include/spaw2/uploads/pdf/conference/WSC%202018%20First%20Draft%20Summary%20of%20Decisions.pdf
(1) Facilitator (4 years clean time requirement)
(2) Co-Facilitator (4 years clean time requirement)
(3) HRP Member Acclamation (William W)
(4) HRP Member (8 years clean time requirement)
(5) H&I Resource Coordinator (3 years clean time requirement)
(6) Corrections Resource Coordinator to be elected in September (3 years clean time requirement)
(7) Public Relations Resource Coordinator to be elected in September (3 years clean time requirement)
Proposal to accept the Florida Regional Service Committee Proposed 2018-2019 Budget (included in the GOASCNA February minutes).
Outcome: Consensus Reached
UPDATE: Florida Regional Convention of Narcotics Anonymous – FRCNA37
The Courage To Change
- Members supported the Speaker Meeting and Masquerade Ball held on May 19th. 28 new registrations received.
- Reservation cut off day for hotel is today! There will be no negotiation after today to obtain the reduced rate at this hotel. Book today for the low rate at the host hotel.
- FRCNA will be at the Hilton, 211 N. Tampa St, Tampa 33602, and starts on Wednesday, July 4th through Sunday, July 8th.
- www.frcna.com for information, to register and get rooms.
- Pre-registration is how better conventions come to fruition.
- Plan ahead: FRCNA 38 will be at Rosen Centre & FRCNA 39 at Rosen Shingle Creek
UPDATE: World Convention of Narcotics Anonymous - WCNA37
The Magic Is Still Real!
- For the first time during WCNA there will be a pool party at the Hilton Orlando. For now only members staying at that hotel will be allowed to attend.
- There will be a small stage set up for NA members who want to perform acoustically during WCNA 37 or if they want to sing with a track. There’s a lot of talent in our fellowship!
- Unity Day phone call during WCNA35 had over 21,000 inmates listening in during the meeting! Unity Day meeting is on Sunday, Sept 2nd. Don’t miss it!
- The volunteer opportunities are all filled. However, every day you can check in with the Convention Information booth to see if there are openings.
- This is a registration required event! There will be no indigent packages!
- Registration for the World Convention 37 can be done online at https://wcna37-e.na.org/
There are many events taking place throughout our Florida Region. Please visit www.naflorida.org so you can see all of the choices!
Would you like to be chosen for a Workgroup or a future Position at the Florida Region? Create or update your volunteer form at www.NAFlorida.org to be considered for a position/interview.
Would you like to be chosen for a Workgroup at the World Level? Create or update your volunteer form at https://www.na.org/?ID=HRP-wpif-default&ID=HRP-wpif-default to be considered for a position on a workgroup.
Thank you Greater Orlando Area for allowing me to serve!
With gratitude, Dennisse R. RCM 1